FileZilla FTPS Tutorial
FileZilla is a File Transfer Protocol program available for free.
Follow this link to download FileZilla.
Select “save this file to disk” option when download window opens.
Save this file to your desktop.
*** If you don’t have option to choose where to save the download then the file will be located in the computer’s downloads folder.
The download will begin. You may need to click “Close” when the download is complete.
To install the program, double-click its icon located on the desktop or in the download folder of your computer depending on the location that it was downloaded to.
Go through the installation process.
1) Start the program by going to the Start > All Programs > FileZilla FTP Client > FileZilla on the bottom left-hand corner of your computer screen.
*** If you are using Windows 8.1 then go to the START screen by clicking the icon on the lower left part of the screen. Now type FileZilla (when you start typing a search box will open). Now right click on the FileZilla search result and you can choose to pin it to your start screen or the task bar. Going forward the program will be available to start from your chosen location. Click the FileZilla icon to start the program.
3)Click on New Site.
4)Type the following information into the fields provided:
- Site Name: klhost sdn bhd
- Host: klhost.com
- Protocol: FTP – File Transfer Protocol
- Encryption: Require implicit FTP over TLS
- Logon Type: Normal
- User: Your username
- Password: Your password
- Click “Connect” to access your ftp directory
5)You are prompt to trust the certificate
6) Click OK to logon to the FTP server
7) You should see your directory on the ceweb.uml.edu FTP server on the right side of the interface.
*Please note: Some instructors may require you to download files from a course directory on the server. If your instructor requires this, double click the yellow folder with a question mark (see figure below) in the right side of the window. Click the folder with the number that corresponds to your course (ex: 90.230.031).
Follow the steps below to upload or download files to the web.